Especially designed for beginners. Students will be guided through initial stages of the process of creating an icon. With short introduction to tradition of iconography. Students will explore the technique off egg tempera. Learn to make egg yolk binding medium and mix paints using dry pigments.
All paintings will be created on mdf panels covered with thin layers of gesso. Panels will be provided.
Students who decide to book only one weekend will learn basic principle of the technique:
- preparation of egg yolk binding medium
- how face futures are built in iconography, eyes, nose and lips.
- Russian method brush work and thin layering to achieve smooth surface
- Dry brush work; using dry on dry method
- building shapes with lights instead of shadows